Hello everyone and happy New Year! This is Adrienne here with you today. I’m so excited for 2014. I love the idea of a fresh start, a new beginning, and the start of a new Life Pages album! This month’s kits are perfect for all of your New Year’s-themed creations and I’m here today to show you how I used them to create my title page for my 2014 Life Pages album.
Supplies: January 2014 Life Pages Kit, January Life Pages Main Add-on Kit, January Life Pages Themed Add-on, January 2014 Main Scrapbooking Kit, January Main Add-on Kit, January Add-on #2, January Bits and Pieces
I was really inspired by the bright, bold colors of the “2014” vellum card and used that color scheme throughout my page. I layered the Studio Calico white, rub-on “hello” phrase on top of the vellum for some contrast.
I also layered several of the transparent title die cuts from Studio Calico throughout my page as well. I especially love how they look layered over the vellum Print Shop die cut shapes.
I was really satisfied with my Life Pages album for 2013, so I don’t plan on changing a lot as far as my album set-up goes for 2014. I’ll be sticking to a 12×12 size and my two page spreads will still continue to be by week. I do, however, have a few “2014 Life Pages album resolutions” I want to try and focus on for the new year…
1. I want to include more journaling. I want to document more of my thoughts and feelings about our everyday life through words, rather than just photographs.
2. I want to improve my photography skills. I mainly use my iPhone for all of our daily photos, but this year I want to use my DSLR a lot more often than I did in 2013.
3. I want to include a weekly inspirational quote. I tried to do this last year, but failed a bit toward the end. Pinterest and Instagram are great sources for these, by the way!
4. I want to include more “currents” of what my family is doing each week, especially my three kids.
5. I want to include my word for the year, which is trust, in my album as well. I want to focus on documenting what my word means to me throughout the entire year, instead of just at the beginning.
Five resolutions for my Life Pages album should be easy to achieve, right?! I guess we’ll see how it goes throughout the year. What are some of your New Year resolutions? Scrapbook-related or not, I’d love to hear them! Until next time!