Hello again friends! Isn’t it funny how sometimes the simplest things can be your favorites? One of my favorite things about the past couple of Gossamer Blue kits has been the label and tag die cut pack (in the Life Pages kit) and more specifically – the labels! I just can’t get enough of them!
So I thought I’d create a layout showing you 5 ideas for using them in your scrapbooking using the amazing April kit!
- Stamp on them. I’m sure it’s no coincidence that a lot of the words and sayings in the stamp set each month fit beautifully on the labels! (See ‘documented’ on the yellow label below).
- Type/write journaling on them. Probably one of the most obvious ideas. If you’re like me and don’t like to handwrite on your layouts here’s a tip: I temporarily adhere them to a piece of copy paper to put through my typewriter and I love the look!
- Layer behind photos. I love tucking labels in behind my photos to add extra layers and interest. Most of the time I cut them in half so I don’t waste any and they can even act as a tab to add a word or date onto!
- Base to build embellishment cluster on. I do this a lot. Where I want an embellishment cluster to be, I’ll start with a label and add words, die cuts, enamel dots etc. over the top. It really grounds everything.
- Banner/corner feature. Add with banners of patterned paper to the top edge of a layout. Sometimes – especially in a very centred layout – the top edge just needs a bit of color. Labels are perfect for this. And don’t forget to keep any leftovers you may cut off the edge for future layering or banners!
So there you go. 5 simple ideas to get the most use from a simple item in your kit. And by the way . . . if you ever have any labels left over from your kit you can send them my way! I’ve seem to have used all of mine!