Now that fall is here, decorating our home with fall decor is in full affect-almost. And that inspires me thinking of what fun project I can create to add to the decorum. I’m a wine cork collector and my tall glass container has been overflowing for quite a while. I’ve been wanting to craft a wine cork project for quite some time now and finally did.
Decided to whip up this little gem of a pumpkin. And yes, she’s black, not orange as my kids made it well known that there is no such thing as a black pumpkin. And I know this. But I wanted to go dark with my decorations this year. So, by adding in more black tones I figured why not.
My first attempt at making this pumpkin was to spray paint the corks. I wanted this to be quick and easy. Spray painting the corks were easy not so much much while drying. They were super sticky and took forever to dry and stuck to the plastic bag they were drying on in the garage. That was annoying and time consuming. Acrylic paint to the rescue. After dipping the cork bottoms that were red into the paint, I let stand to to dry overnight. Next morning I began cutting out paper leaves from my Cameo and grabbed a few other elements around the house to decorate the top.
Hot glue did the trick in keeping the corks lined up and together. I layered her with paper leaves, crinkled paper and red/orange fabric leaves. After adding the cork on top of her, I coated the cork with my daughters Elmer’s glue then drizzled gold and silver glitter all around it until it was fully coated. Took no time to dry and no mess when handling.
I wanted to give her a charm and proceeded to cover the wood veneer pumpkin from an add-on kit. I covered it with orange and black stickles, adhered it to black cardstock circle and used thin rope to secure from behind by tying a knot. Easy! I think the pumpkin charm adds a nice touch and great accent color.
She now sits on my husband’s wooden baby highchair, keeping my houseplants company as I slowly begin to fill our home with warm fall colors. I’m in the process of making more, some bigger and some smaller in different colors for fun. Maybe a little family would be nice, you think?
Thanks for stopping by and happy fall!
Hello GB fans, Melanie here today to share with you a layout created with the amazing Gramercy Road collection.
When I received this collection was immediately overwhelmed, but in a very good way! As I was slowly looking at each paper and coordinating embellishments I was instantly inspired, I actually had to stop what I was doing to jot down some ideas.
One of those ideas was to use the large triangle shape paper and to cut out a portion of the paper, I wanted to bring emphasis on this lovely geometric pattern. I also wanted to pair this paper with white cardstock and the chevron stamp to create a fun and unique background paper.
Another major item of inspiration was the lovely piechart tag, I am not very good at creating piecharts on my project but I love the look of piecharts. I use this piechart for some quick and easy journaling, with my typewriter I simply added some sentiments, this tag was the perfect focus point for my title.
Of course my layout wouldn’t be complete without a cluster of embellishments. The diecut shapes are ideal for layering and creating depth and dimension. They are a great accent to the cork circles and tags. This cluster was finished with a couple of enamel dots.
I love the softness and uniqueness of this collection. It truly is ideal for all those every day moments. Happy crafting!
Joy here today sharing a card project for you all, you will get to see a little bit into the process of how I pull a card together, the thought process so to speak..
My usual first process is to find items within the kits that I enjoy to look at visually or go together, for me in this months kit, the fox inspired me and when seeing the wood veneer woodgrain tag, I felt the 2 matched perfectly, I knew it needed another addition and with the orange tones from the fox, I found a banner sticker and decided to add it to one side of the tag.
The next process was to find other elements that would match, I usually have a CAS style, so I knew on this card it was going to be a simple format, so some flourish accents and a sentiment, that being the rub on’s from the kit was the next perfect addition.
Figuring out where the rub on was to be placed and using my bone folder to add it to the card front.
Last addition, was a little more touch of wood veneer at the base of the sentiment and another sticker in orange tones to match the fox, set above the sentiment.
So there you have it, a little inside sneak peek into how I create and my thought process.
Thanks for taking the time to swing by the blog today, I hope I have inspired you to get creating using your GB kits.