Hey Planner Friends!
Teal, pink, and yellow … those are my absolute favorite colors to plan with. I wanted to have you walk through my planner process and how to accentuate your planner pages with the Planner and Life Pages kit, along with some other things you probably have in your stash!
1) My planner pages usual start like this. Very simple, with just some reminders written in that I had documented days, weeks, sometimes months prior. Here I am using the Get To Workbook A5 pages and a Faber Castell journal pen.
2) Every time I get full sheets in my planner kit I get excited. Not only are the sheets so versatile (for planner, pocket scrapbooking, card making or scrapbooking) but the colors are so vivid and bright.
I wanted to incorporate a “small” bit of the paper into my page, so I trimmed it down to 1.6 x 6 inches and ripped it.
Then I adhered it down to a white space – I never really use the footnote, so I thought the real estate here worked great.
3) Grab some markers or highlighters! This is where your art skills are going to come into play. Do a bit of shading in “blah” spots. These are brush pens by Yoobi that you can grab from Target.
4) I LOVE these labels from our Life Pages Kit. Cover your reminders – here is where the decorating starts taking life. I know it feels like double work, but repeat the reminders but instead, write on your labels.
5) I am a huge fan of color coding. So make yourself a cute legend. This can also be done on a sticky note so you can just use it on different weeks. I decided to make this a one-week legend, since it’s the end of March and I will most likely use a different color scheme for April. Those dots are perfect for this! Color code your reminders on your main page to reflect your key as well!
6) Write some more pertinent reminders on the sticky notes directly, then adhere these to your layout. This just mixes up your page a bit. And also, not everything needs to be on a label or sticky note. Switch it up and write directly in the planner. That’s ok too!
7) And throughout the week, add your reminders and color code accordingly. This helps me understand the flow of my week better!
Here are some shots of the finished week. I added a few of the puffy stickers from the Life Pages Kit as well!
I love the “spring-y” feel of how this layout turned out!
See how the highlighting/coloring of the check boxes makes the page pop!
I am totally going to hoard that flower paper!
Puffy stickers unite! How perfect was it to capture our casino’s Tournament Weekend!
Thanks for stopping by guys!